With the popularity of household appliances, the number of electrical outlets in the home has gradually increased. But if installed improperly, it will become a "stealth bomb" buried in the wall. The relevant survey data of the Ministry of Public Security shows that among the fire accidents that have occurred in my country in the past 10 years, fires caused by short circuits of power sockets, switches, and circuit breakers accounted for nearly 30% of the total, ranking first among all types of fires.
Position is too low
When installing sockets in many families, they feel that they are too high to be aesthetically pleasing, and they will be installed in a lower concealed position. However, Dr. Xia Dong from the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Chinese Academy of Sciences said that it is easy for water to splash into the socket when mopping the ground, which may cause an electric leakage accident. According to industry regulations, the distance between the exposed socket and the ground should be no less than 1.8 meters; the distance between the concealed socket and the ground should not be less than 0.3 meters. The sockets of the kitchen and bathroom should be at least 1.5 meters above the ground, and the sockets of the air conditioner must be at least 2 meters above the ground.
Install at will
The power wire must use a copper wire cross-section. If you live in an old house, you must replace the original aluminum wire with copper wire. Because the aluminum wire is very easy to oxidize, it is easy to catch fire at the joint. A survey has shown that the incidence of electrical fires in residential buildings that use aluminum wires is dozens of times higher than that of copper wires. In addition, for the sake of beauty, many families will use slotted buried wires and buried pipes. Xia Dong reminded that the principle of "live wire into the switch and neutral wire into the lamp holder" must be followed when wiring, and leakage protection should be provided on the socket. Device.
Lack of protection
There are often water and oily smoke in the kitchen and bathroom, so it is best to install a splash-proof box or plastic baffle on the socket panel.
In addition, when some decoration companies install three-hole sockets, they often leave the ground wire empty, and even connect the ground wire directly to the gas pipe. Professionals pointed out that these practices are very dangerous. The ground wire is connected to the electrical shell. Once the electrical leakage occurs, it will cause electric shock.
This practice will overload the electrical appliances and cause a fire. It is best to use independent sockets for high-power electrical appliances such as air conditioners, washing machines, and range hoods. Generally speaking, it is best to install 4 sets of sockets in the bedroom, one set per 2.5 square meters in the living room, and one set per 1.2 square meters in the kitchen.
The old house has only one circuit. Once any circuit is short-circuited, the electricity consumption of the entire room will be paralyzed. Generally speaking, two or three circuits can be selected for the socket, one circuit for the kitchen and bathroom, and one circuit for the air conditioner.